Monday, October 26, 2009

Dude

I'm not one to advertise my gender ingame, still I can't help feeling awkward every time I get adressed as "dude". A dude for me is very much a guy and even if it doesn't matter one bit in terms of playing I find it a little annoying. I know there are more male than female players in World of Warcraft but what if I decided to assume every other player was female and started to call them "grrl" or something?

I think the main reason for me being annoyed is the fact that I can't think of a way telling people I'm not a dude without at the same time seem to stress I'm female. I just don't want to be adressed as a male, I don't want to say "Hey I'm a girl".

1 comment:

  1. You could be subtle and use feminine emotes at them, such as /curtsey.
    Also "/e thinks she will have dinner soon" etc.

    ReplyDelete