Friday, December 25, 2009

Favourite piece of loot

I asked Tamarind over at Righteous Orbs if I could be part of his blog content gift exchange and the topic I got was ...
...I hereby address myself to your inner material girl, remembering how happy you were to nab Malfurion’s Leggings of Triumph – I’m sure it goes without saying that we’re putting aside anything silly like, y’know, *the numbers* but what’s been your favourite piece of in-game loot thus far, either because of the looks, the lore, the name, the story behind acquiring it, whatever.
It had taken me this long to get something down on this topic because at first I feared I have gear altzheimers because I coudn't for the life of me come up with an item that I remember has turned me into Gollum of Lord of the Rings and go "...my precioussssssss....". After even more thinking I realized this was a difficult topic for me because I tend to took more at stats than to looks, lore or name of my gear. Well, if I have to walk around with someone's cut out tounge in my off hand then of course I notice but then I tell myself that's how it is in this game and try not to think about it too much. If I have to say anything I do pay attention to more than stats it's the look of the gear. Now, since I'm a druid, my gear tend to go in the colours of green and brown and mostly seem to be designed to help me shadowmeld, but one item that I felt genuinely sad to part with was my level 70 Merciless Gladiator's Kodohide Spaulders (this was back in the days when I did a lot more pvp than I do nowdays). They were made of bark and had small violet flowers that sprouted, bloomed and wilted every other second on them. You really didn't notice the flowers in game if you didn't look very close, in fact they were best watched on the log in screen. I liked the notion that someone at Blizzard had programmed those little flowers, even though they maybe wouldn't be noticed, just because they were such a nice touch.
Or wait...maybe the shoulders does not count as loot since they were pvp rewards and not a boss drop? Damn...oh well, I have to think about it some more then. But I can say I'm happy I don't play a char that can benefit from the Unidentifiable Organ that drops in Icecrown Citadel. I know that if I would always wonder just what organ I was carrying around in my off hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment